Wikipedia Academy: Research and Free Knowledge.
June 29 - July 1 2012, Berlin.
The online registration is closed.
- A Participant Pass costs 60.-- (reduced price: 30.-- Euro).
- Academy Speakers attend the conference for free. All speakers are asked to register for a Speaker Pass.
- It is possible to only attend one of the Academy Workshops for a participation fee of 10.-- Euro.
- Registration closes on 27 June 2012, 06:00 PM (CEST/UTC+1).
Once the online registration is closed, you cannot register for participation in advance anymore.
- On Friday and Saturday, it will be possible to purchase Participant Passes in cash for the fees given below. There, please ask our conference staff at the conference venue to sign you up for paticipation.
- The attendee fee for Sunday's Wikipedia Academy programme ONLY is 10 Euro. Our Sunday programme includes Sarah Stierch's Keynote Lecture, the Free Culture Brunch and the Free Knowledge Panel. You can pay on your arrival at the venue (Supermarkt).
For late registrations, we only accept cash payment!
Fees & Funding
The conference fee is 60.-- / 30.-- Euro and includes access to the venue as well as snacks during the conference. The reduced price of 30.-- Euro applies to students, pensioners, severely handicapped persons ("Schwerbehindertenausweis") and recipients of unemployment benefit ("Arbeitslosengeld II").
Ahead of the conference, on Friday 29 June, we offer a number of workshops (tutorials) for a participation fee of 10.-- Euro.
Participation fees are to be paid by bank transfer or via PayPal. A conference and/or workshop pass will be issued on your name and a registration confirmation will be sent to you by e-mail after we have received your payment (keywords: "WPA2012 registration").
Please note that in case we do not receive a payment from you within one week after registering your registration request will be deleted!
- Bank transfer:
- Account holder: Wikimedia Deutschland e. V.
- Account no.: 3287303
- Name of the bank: Bank für Sozialwirtschaft, Berlin
- Bank code (BLZ): 10020500
- BIC/SWIFT: BFSWDE33BER
- IBAN: DE21100205000003287303
- PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special for the Wikipedia Community
All Wikipedia Community members are more than welcome to attend the conference. Wikimedia Deutschland invites representatives of the Wikipedia Community in particular to join us at the "Community Panel" on Friday, 29 June, 19:00. The venue has a limited seating capacity. If interested, please sign up for the panel in advance to make sure you will be granted free access to the event.
Wikipedia Academy Speakers can apply for a travel subsidy of 80 Euro max. for speakers who will travel within the borders of Germany and 250 Euro max. for those who will travel internationally by handing in the original travel receipt(s) together with the itemised reimbursement sheet at the conference or by posting both to Wikimedia Deutschland e.V., Obentrautstrasse 72, 10963 Berlin, Germany, within two weeks after the conference. In any case, please send an e-mail to email@example.com if you want to apply for a travel subsidy.